Sunday 18 April 2010

Bargains Everywhere!

First bargain was the replacing of my broad beans that the pigeons ate. I got 5 well established healthy plants for £1.
Next bargain were these rhubarb which I got for free because I found them in a pile of garden chopping's near a wood close to where I live so one of my neighbours must of chucked it out..It also solved the problem of this unused space I had because I originally had peonies there but Lucas decided to dig them up, he was trying to get rats.

I shaped this boarder again and have filled it with bulbs I found at pound stretcher. 12 irises for £1. And Lupins and Delphiniums £1 a plant.
And lastly at Home base I got these gooseberry bushes 2 for £5 so I now have two of the green variety of gooseberry and one red and I got a Logan berry because I have never tried one before. So all in all it was a very successful weekend.

No comments: