Thursday 15 April 2010

Asparagus Has Arrived


My own compost not quite all the way rotted down but I needed it for my flower bed I have been building all day. I plan to plant cottage garden plants there.
Above are our new compost bins because the rats ate through our black one that you turn over and the compost kept falling through the holes so that's another reason why I had to use it early.
Those four bottles are covering the last four broad beans I have left because those a**hole pigeons didn't eat the others just plucked them out of the ground and they wilted and died. I know its them because I see them being fat and useless sitting in the tree just watching me garden plotting on how they can infuriate me next.
Back to the asparagus I have planted them the way I saw Toby Buckland plant them on Gardeners world. I also watched how Monty Don grew them but I will be honest his took up more time and I had ran out of steam.
I made the trench and did the raised bit in the middle to place them on.
All spread out nicely. I then covered them up and now I just sit and watch and pray that I did it right and I haven't wasted £10.

No comments: