Wednesday 6 August 2008

Organic Feed

I have run out of my usual seaweed feed so instead of buying more i thought i would use the nettles i have and make a liquid feed. I read about this particular nettle feed in "the self sufficient-ish bible" its a good book, which has many good ideas and tips which i haven't read about elsewhere. This feed is particularly beneficial for squashes, courgettes and tomatoes. To make it i got a bucket, cut as many nettles as i could until i got fed up of getting stung, put the nettles in the bucket and filled it with water until it covered the nettles then put a lid on it. In my case i just put an upside down plastic cloche on. Then you wait till it smells really bad roughly 10 days, believe me you will know i took mine off today its awful!! To use, water it down to a ratio of 5:1. I am yet to know if its good or deadly, but i will keep you posted.

No comments: