Sunday 17 August 2008

Mushrooms

I have been mushroom picking for a long time now and i go with my father and he learnt from his family. As i have mentioned my father is french and him and his family used to go mushroom picking in the mountains and forests in France mainly for Chanterelle and Ceps. Seeing its early and we have had alot of a rain in England we went looking for some mushrooms in various secret locations. We found some and thought we would have an omlette
then we found more and thought we would have a risotto and another omlette
then we just found hundereds and are drying frezzing and giving them to friends. I have never found this many Chanterelle in one afternoon.
I can't tell you where i found these but all i can say when you go looking for mushrroms make sure you know what you are picking and that you don't take the roots otherwise you cut the line of mushrooms. Its not fact this but it has shown it works

No comments: