Monday 25 August 2008

Devastation

My pumpkins are not having a good time, first there leaves suffer from mildew and now one of the pumpkins has rotted. My personal opinion and other witnesses have said its because of all the humidity and that we had all that rain.
When i did the autopsy it was complete mush. It has been really upsetting because this was my pride and joy because it had got so big and i had never grown a pumpkin.
There is still hope i have one pumpkin left, which hasn't been attacked by woodpeckers or humidity. I think this is because it is down on the ground is shaded by corn and my enormous haricot plant, and i think its cooler nearer the ground, because the other one had been lifted off the ground nothing to shelter it from the weather. Anyway its just a theory if you know what has happened please leave a comment, i would love to know.

No comments: