Monday 22 December 2008

The plans are in!

No i did not draw this, my garden plan looks much better (see last picture). I found this in an old book which had various designs you could use for your veg patch. I went with the traditional plot as it suits my space i have and what i need it for.
Here is there key not scanned very well.

Here is my plan try not to be too impressed. What i have done is dedicated a huge section to squashes because that end of the plot is pure stones so i plan to load it up with manure and compost and hopefully it will crop well. Then i will do crop rotation on the rows,but at the end of the rows i will have a few corn because they can't cast any shadow that way. The beans will grow up the fence and i can create a bean trench easily there also i have already started adding compost there. The very end where there are some red dots that's going to be my strawberry patch because we as a family are great strawberry eaters. Also i have planted a rhubarb at the end of it.


No comments: