Tuesday 1 March 2011

Spring Is Coming


Spring is coming and I can't wait. Every moment I get I go out check on my broad beans and rhubarb. What I also like about spring is that you get to see what has survived, and for me its a happy spring because the gooseberries that I thought that had died have got little green shoots on. My peonies are coming up after they survived a second move, as I had to move them as Lucas kept digging them up. All in all everything looks promising. I have also just sown thousands of plants from seed to fill my mothers new flower bed, I also managed to get some seeds in for my flower beds. Where the sleepers are I am having an orange yellow bed with slight hints of purple sounds odd but I think it will work. And where my actual flower bed is I will have all shades of purples and pinks. I also have sown masses of sweet peas and I am hoping they will do well growing up my fence.
Above are pictures I took in the greenhouse at the National Trust Lacock which is always a lovely place to go and it was quite magical with all its spring bulbs are out it looked like purple carpets or crocuses.

No comments: