Thursday 19 August 2010

Another Week In August

I have kept my two courgette plants and got rid of 3 of my summer squash plants and only kept one. Next year I will only grow one courgette and no summer squash as my mother hasn't cooked with them, but it has been useful for when you go round to someone's house you always have something to bring round, I have had 10 squash a week with these plants. My winter squash is the worst I have ever had which is sad because I took all that time on making those tepees for them to climb up, but because of this drought this summer they obviously haven't done as well as usual. On the other hand the kale is outstanding!
My new dahlias I bought in Devon, I think the contrast between the dark leaves and bight pink flowers.
Hollyhocks
I have tied up my asparagus because the wind is picking up and I don't want anything to happen to them.
My assistant gardener helping out with the weeds.
Yay a bumble bee
This is a record on how far my melons have come along.

No comments: